Thursday 19 February 2015

Flowers, Flowers and Even More Flowers

Nothing says Stampin' Up! to me more than flowers and decorating.  This week has all been about making flowers, flower cards and decorating with flowers.  Here goes......


I started by making this card using previous DSP paper from Stampin' Up! and the Spiral Flower a Die and made this card for my mum's birthday in April.


Then I made a box for the card as clearly with all these embellishments an ordinary card was never going to do.  Clearly I hadn't used enough flowers on the card so the box got even more  lol.  Along with the Spiral Flower die I used Flower shop and the coordinating punch.  I snipped off some petals, rolled these and layered them to create the flowers.


Next I made this card using a set from Stampin' Up! I simply love, Flower Patch.  I love how you can also buy coordinating dies or punches, it makes creating really easy. I used a white Signo pen to create the faux stitching.


This is the inside.


As I was playing with the Spiral Flower Die I experimented with stamping onto the card first and I love how these flowers have turned out.  I add leaves from the Bird Builder punch and used the wing as a leaf also.


Then I went for an antique effect so I distressed the roses by flattening them and used a bone folder to help break down the fibres and help the leaves curl.  I then inked around the edges and scraped the edges of the box with my nail just to get the effect of looking old.  I also used pearls from my stash inside the roses.  This leaf is a punch I have and again i scrunched it up a bit to age it and using a tool I created veining for my leaves.


This is the card that started my week long flower fest, I made this for Mother's Day.  You can see more pics in the previous post.

I hope you are all having a great week.  I'm back studying again so my blogs may be few and far between over the next month as I begin my next essay.  Take care of you.

Pauline x







No comments:

Post a Comment