Wednesday 5 August 2015

Pink Pirouette and Cream Card

Today's card is all about pink and cream.  I have seen lots of cards, projects where dimensional paste is used with a palette knife through masks or stencils but the paste I have I don't like as its too thick and lumpy so I tried to emulate this style but simply using card.  


I used my wee heart punch from Stampin ' Up! and punched out some whole hearts and hearts with bits out of them.  The background is Sweater Knit from My Favorite Things.  This was heat embossed with clear embossing powder onto Very Vanilla card the die cut out using the large stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 die set.  The sentiment is from Flower Patch.  The tickets are free to move with the knot secured with a Glue Dot to the ribbon below, so they can dangle creating a further element and interest to the card.


I used the circle die from the Blueprints 15 set which creates this stitched circle then used my 1 3/4" circle from SU to punch out the negative, which is also left with the stitched effect.  Using some Basic Gray card I used a die from the Project Life die set to create the ticket but shortened this then punch a heart, raised this with a foam dot to place on the end.  I made a longer one using Sweater Knit stamped with the Pink Pirouette to lie behind the gray.  The outer stitched circle was then adhered to the top of the gray ticket with the inner circle raised on a Dimensional with a Basic Gray heart added also on a foam dot.  Small rhinestones were then added to embellish.


A Pink Pirouette stitched rectangle with white ribbon was added to the inside with rhinestones added.


As always the envelope is not forgotten and has been decorated with coordinating hearts on a Very Vanilla envelop.

I hope your day has been a great one.  Take care of you.

Pauline x



No comments:

Post a Comment