Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Stamped Candles and Gift Box.

Today I have been very busy decorating candles then making a box for them.

Here are the candles.  They are vanilla scented candles from Asda, which I wanted to decorate using a new technique I had been wanting to try for some time.

First I stamped my chosen stamps, mine being Dylusions and Stampotique onto white tissue paper.  I then cut around the stamped image.  Warming up the candle a little with my heat tool, however I also have seen a video on YouTube where a tea light and spoon were used, hold the image in place and quickly the image will appear darker as the candle melts and adheres to the candle.  I chose different stamped images and I LOVE how they have turned out.

For the boxes there was a lot of trial and error before I found the best size for these candles.  Here is a photo of the sizing below.  

Size 9 1/2 " x 7 5/8".  With long side on top score at 1 1/2, 3, 4 1/2, 6, 7 1/2 and 9.
On the short side score at 2 and 6.
I then placed a small mark on the top side halving each 1 1/2" box to get the pyramid.  I actually moved the score mark to the nearest whole number and then marked at 3/4", I just found that easiest.  You will see the 1/2" side on the right needs to be cut top and bottom.  The areas with the black squiggles are the area that need to be removed.  I also cut a small angle for better folding later on.

The areas with black dashes are where the folds need to be made.

I covered all the sides with designer series paper with an 1/8" less than the actual sides.  When you make it these may be slightly different to mine so best to measure for yourself.  Mine are 1 3/8 x 1 7/8" for the top and 1 3/8 x 3 7/8 for the middle parts.

For the top pointed part I folded it in half just along the top making a small crease.  I chose to eyeball the cuts for ease but you can measure more accurately if you need to.

I measured the same distance down and marked them with a pencil then using my crop-a-dile punch I made a hole for the ribbon.

I then added a sentiment and after stamping another skull and cutting it out I placed them both on dimensionals.

This was a marathon but the next three will be much easier as I now have the dimensions.  I also put paper on the bottom and secured these with double-sided tape.  I used wet glue to adhere the paper, this I find gives time to wiggle it into place, especially as you only have a small 1/8" gap.

I hope you enjoy this technique and find the box helpful.  I will be making a video of this lister for YouTube and when I have I will post the link below, so keep checking back.

Take care of u.

Pauline x

Table built using Product Table Builder by The Crafty Owl - Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment