Sunday 15 June 2014

Story Book Mini Album (Part 1).

Yesterday I was feeling kind of restless and was desparate to have a new project.  I have some paper on order so decided to get started on the construction of what is now my current project.


This is the book cover of what will be the storage for a mini album.  It measures 5 1/2" x 7".  I have used good quality poster board.  First I lay a few lines of adhesive to the back of each piece then place it down on a length of cardstock, leaving approx 1" all around.  When placing all the parts together be sure to leave 1/8" or the width of a piece of board you are using to ensure there is sufficient space for it to close.


I then made 'the box' which will go inside.  I have adhered the hinges already in this picture.  I use kraft cardstock for its strength.  Cut 1" strips then using a scoring board score at 1/2" the entire length.  Using a strong double sided 1/2" tape place two strip down the length you need, in this case 6 7/8" (x2) and 5 3/8" (x2).  Remove one side of tape and adhere onto the box, beware not to go farther than the middle score line, adhere just before ensuring their will be space to adhere to the outside covers of the album.


This is how it looks once closed.


I then painted all the edges using black gesso.


Then changed my mind, I wanted it white!


I then cut out using my trusted craft knife and steel rule 6 chipboard pieces measuring 6 1/4" x 5 3/8" and then rounded the corners.


I then punched a hole in the centre to enable a metal ring to be used to clasp them all together once finished and painted them white too.


This is as far as I have gotten so far.  Come back soon to see more progress as it's made.  

One word of warning......the paper I have ordered for this album is coming from the USA and may take a wee while so it will likely be some days before my next post on this album.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Take care of you.

Pauline x







No comments:

Post a Comment