Wednesday 29 January 2014

A 'Winged' Flight of Fancy

So this is my last week of being a Guest Designer for the Stampotique a Designers blog and will be handing over the reins to someone else to keep you all inspired along with our very talented designers.

As you will know me now I'm one for trying to think of off the page projects, and this one is just that.


I have made a light shade into a hot air balloon.  I have made a number of shades before with each one being unique.  As is this one, unique with my favourite gals as guardian angels.


All the wings for my angels come from DCWV Mariposa collection, one of my all time favourites.


I had two daisies left from decorating my mirror in last weeks project and also added pink and purple flowers, all from I Am Roses.


The pink and butterfly charms on each corner of the basket are from my stash.






The paper for the butterflies is DCWV Collage Art Stack.  This collection is only available in the USA but when I saw it I was determined to have it.  Thanks to a friend she trailed to her LCS and mailed it to me.  Pricey but worth it as it is gorgeous.   The butterflies have been layered using velum and ribbon and organza from my stash.

I have a great time being a guest designer this month and truly hope my crafting projects has helped you consider how your own projects can come off your page and into your home creating fun and giggles for every room.

Take care and thanks for dropping by.

Pauline
x













5 comments:

  1. STUNNING ♥♥♥

    Enjoy!

    It's been fabulous having you as our first GD of the year! Looking forward to keeping up with your beautiful inspiration hun. Love the photo bomber sat at the top of the stairs!!! So like my Smudge!

    Hugs, Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a wonderful job as Stampotique Guest Designer this month, Pauline. You are truly and out-of-the-box and off-of-the-page kind of artist and have challenged us every step of the way! Today's project is just amazing! DCWV Mariposa is one of my favorites, too, and you have used it creatively here. Love your use of the Stampotique images, but, especially Jasmin. I wouldn't have thought to use her because she is sitting, but your pulled it off and she looks beautiful! Bravo, my friend! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful project and it's been a pleasure having you as the guest designer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cool idea! Love that shade and that you made it into a hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pauline, Awesome hot air balloon. You have been a great quest designer, and you are very creative:)

    ReplyDelete