Monday 27 January 2014

A Star Is Born

I have been playing around again today.  I have used for the very first time modelling paste in a project. The one I have seems quite rough and I'm not too sure about it.  What do you think?


I first covered the card with gesso the used my Star stencil from a Tim Holtz and a credit card, which is new but thought if I damaged it then I couldn't use it!  

I then used some green and blue Gelatos and then spritzed them with water and moved the card around to get an effect I was happy with.

I then used Cornflower Blue and Fern Green Archival Ink from Ranger and a dabbler to make inky stars in my background.  I find when using Gelatos you really have to use archival ink for the best effect.


Using Dylusions stamps I used Right Up Your Street and Curious Corrin coloured with Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils for the main character.  Lots of new experimenting and overall just happy playing around trying to be creative.

Hope Monday has been good to you all.  Take care of you.

Pauline

x




1 comment:

  1. You are certainly on a creative roll, Pauline! And, I love seeing you putting humor into your art! I have only Wendy Vecchi's modelling paste, which is WAY creamy, but I am actually liking your rougher texture in this piece. It does add a lot of both depth and dimension to your background. Way to go! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete