Saturday, 25 May 2013

Framed In Glory: A Steampunk Story

Graphic 45 collection Steampunk Debutante is out of this world. 

Today I have another page in my Steampunk mini album to share with you.  Starting this project I didn't have the full paper collection but had more of some other sheets instead.  This has proved challenging but also taught me to think outside the box more, find my style and be increasingly creative with what you have available.  

                                                              So here is today's page.

                                                                       Using the flip side of the corset paper I used this as my background.  I then used a variety of the frames within the papers, fussy cut flowers and tags.  The frames punch out from the paper and this can leave small tags so I use an Emory board to smooth them down.  If you have a sanding tool that is terrific but I don't so I make use with what I have.

                                                              This time I chose to use Vintage Photo Distress Ink as I was aiming to achieve a softer effect and all the edges were inked with this.  This was time consuming as I did both inside and outside of the frames but it is worth it to achieve these outcomes.  Having played around win the flowers deciding how to layer them I started to adhere everything down. The stripped frame I raised on pop dots leaving the top open to allow a photo to be slipped underneath.  Pop dots were also used on one of the flowers.

                                                                I layered the tags and added a 7Gypsies metal button for embellishment and adhered them at an angle to the page.

                                                                I adhered one of the cut outs of a lady onto the inside of the last frame and used pop dots on the left side and bottom also, smaller thickness ones than those used on the stripped frame.  I also layer and adhered some flowers in this corner.

                                                         Again on the right side I adhered and layered the flowers and leaves blending these around each other and also the frame to add dimension and design. 

                                                               A large rose with leaves and small yellow rose underneath were used around the bottom right corner.

                                                              So it's now finished.  This page like the last has been more traditional than others but I am comfortable with this style too as I feel it's important to be flexible and creative using different styles.  I still have artistic mediums I hope to try as I continue to grow and develop my skills.  

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, please leave a comment as I would love to hear your feedback.  Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment