Sunday 23 June 2013

Cheeky Boy Layout

Here is a layout using a bright and sunny American Crafts paper 6x6 paper collection.  I loved making this for my son.  I often make lots of pink and girlie projects so I was determined to make something more for the boys in our lives with my application projects for American Crafts.


This layout was great fun.  I managed to still indulge my love of fussy cutting and layered to my heart content.  Lots of the embellishments and cut outs are on pop dots and sticky foam of different height to create varying layers and dimension.


I made a rosette flower by cutting a strip from the paper, folding at every half inch then adhering the ends together.  Once flattened using hot glue I layered a yellow, orange and green button and used twine to make a bow.  I followed the theme of the orange and green from the photo around the layout.


I made a frame from the paper and raised this onto pop dots then as this cheeky lad is sitting on the steps into the house I made a roof from the paper and using a section of the border I simulated roof tiles and added a chimney.  I then adhered twine into folds to emulate smoke from the chimney.  Again I followed the home theme around the layout in the use of the buildings and stamps.


I specifically chose this paper to be the main page as it had buildings, which I wanted to transfer into the layout from the photo and the steps.  As this paper also has arrows along the bottom I then also used this as a theme around the layout.  I hope this all worked out, I think it does and it flows brilliantly.  My son was so happy with this he took it into school to show his teacher.  He is now 9years old so he must have been really proud of this or it may have ended in the bin!


I love my cheeky monster xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment