Sunday 9 June 2013

My 1st Ever 12x12 Scrapbook Layout.

In this project I have used Bo Bunny Love Letters 12x12 paper.

As you can tell from my previous blogs my favourite craft is to make photo albums but I have seen so many truly beautiful scrapbook layout I decided to give it a go, I mean how hard could it be?   Haha much harder than it looks.  I usually try to add cut outs using my Sizzix Eclips but its currently not working so I have felt I had to compromise on some of the designs I would have liked to have put in but hey ho I am still happy with what I have managed to achieve using just my craft knife.

So here is my very first page.


I used a variety of techniques: stamping, fussy cutting, layering, ripping and distressing.  Many of the embellishments are raised on pop dots, which doesn't show well on this photo.  All the small hearts on the stamps and page are on pop dots.  I used some antique lace, paper doilies, gingham ribbon and some organza throughout.  The flowers are by IAmRoses.


The entire page was sprayed with Perfect Pearls from Ranger, the roses and fussy cut flowers were all  highlighted with blue Perfect Pearls to add depth and dimension.


Here you can see I went around with a white gel pen.  I used the gel pen to draw tiny hearts around the page also.



This page must have taken me about 5 hours.  I have a new respect for all the amazingly talented crafters as clearly they make it look easy, and being out of my comfort zone I certainly was.  However, I am inspired to get better and if not continue to have lots of fun, as primarily that is what it's all about.

Pauline
X

No comments:

Post a Comment