Thursday 13 June 2013

I Am Roses Wreath


Recently I was lucky enough to celebrate having my first 100 followers on my Facebook page Pollycraft. 

To celebrate this I held a competition and the winner would win a craft I made especially for the competition. 


I made this wreath using pipe lagging I bought at my local DIY store and taped the ends together. I then used thick twine to wrap around. This was a long process which took more than 2 and a half hours. I wanted it to be perfect and despite the twine being fairly thick it still needed a lot. 


I then added lots and lots of IAmRoses flowers. I secured them down with short pins and added some coordinating ribbon. 


I then added more of the twine criss crossing across the wreath and added a couple of mini white pegs and a photo. 


I made some bunting with my favourite washi tape from Tim Holtz. I did this by using a firm piece of white card and covered this with strips of tape then cut the card into bunting shapes. I then adhered the bunting to the twine with strong glue. 

Lastly I cut out one of the beautiful flowers from the Graphic 45 Old Curiosity Shoppe 12x12 paper and covered it with lots of Glossy Accents from Ranger. Once this dried, it took overnight it was so thick, I used a hat pin I had from my stash which had a gorgeous white pearl on the end and secured it to the wreath. 

The winner of the competition is so happy with her prize and has this hanging in her lounge. 

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope your all having a glorious day. 
Pauline
X




No comments:

Post a Comment